!!!! Advise needed !!!! V4 engine replaced v5/6 engine

Hi all please bare with me as I try to explain this the best I can. 

I bought my 99 wagon with what the previous owner described as slight hesitation. 

Now it should have the v5/6 engine in it being 1999 but has a v4 from like 96/97 as original engine popped.  It Should have the idle control valve on throttle body Wich it does but it has the v4 inlet with the idle control valve hole on the right but blanked of with a random plate. Also the v5/6 throttle body don't bolt up to the v4 inlet so Someone has made a adapter plate for the v5/6 original throttle body to fit the v4 inlet. The looms are slightly different and I can see the single plug coolant sensor on the cross over pipe is diconnected but it has the 3 or 2 pin Coolant sensor plugged in. All temp gauges work and the car doesn't log any fault codes. 

The issues I am having.... 

the car does not like to drive straight away from cold and splutters and feels like it has a slight misfire/timing issue and hessitates bad very bad on hill from cold. But ok when up to temp.

cold start is very slow in getting up to the fast idle (1200) for the warm up period and takes about 10/15 seconds from starting the car when for it to slowly creep up to the (1200) and then for it to drop once it's at it's operating temp (slightly warmed up). Then will idle spot on and Rev nice and never stalls. 

When it's warmed up your driving normally it sometimes pops back through the air box and does pop a lot at certain revs like it's mapped with pops and bangs but isn't. 

Boosts at 0.9 but it don't go like it should and is not as quick as it should be. Feels like it's down on power a lot. Struggles to go up hill and even if you floor the throttle it don't respond or build up speed so have to drop it down a gear and then will get a move on. 

Also being wrong inlet it has grey injectors and should be yellow on my e3 ecu. I have some to fit wich I will do soon but doubt this causing all my issues. 

I am wondering if the v4 cam sprockets and sensor reading gaps are different to the v5/6 cam sprockets. causing my symptoms. 

Hard to explain but have a double read and let us know what you think. 

New plugs, fuel filter, air filter, fuel pump, maf, oil change, front mount removed and stand top mount fitted. 

Few pics 

IMG_4334.JPG

IMG_4459.JPG

IMG_4471.JPG

IMG_4977.JPG

IMG_5011.JPG

IMG_5037.JPG

IMG_5135.JPG

Could just be a tps issue as the v1 /v2's and v3 / v4 have a different number of wires going to the tps . I'm not sure how many wires the v5 /v6 phase 2 have ?

There used to be someone who made adapters to allow you to fit a phase 2 v5/v6 inlet manifold onto the earlier phase 1.5 heads .

They might be a better option as you could then use the cars original v5/v6 phase 2 inlet manifold, tps ,icv ect

Try giving phase 2 manifold on phase 1.5 heads a google

Just re read your post and noticed that your running grey 380's. This would mean that the fuelling is wrong , so I'd suggest you fit some phase 2 yellow 440's with phase adapters asap and don't use boost untill they're fitted .

Hi savage. 

Nice to see your still on here. I have been down the unit today and funny enough I have just fitted some phase 2 yellows and used a adaper kit to fit them to the rails. 

Has the wrong fuel rails to on the car and you was right the injectors was wrongfully as being a e3 ecu it uses yellows and tdo4. Still don't seem right bud did seem to pull a little better but not much. 

Going to sort small manifold and down pipe blows next with new gaskets and replacement tdo4. 

I have the right throttle body on the car currently but it's adapted. The tps looks right and the idle control valve is also right. 

I am more being persuaded to something wrong the timing or cam sprockets being wrong. 

• 1 month later...

Hi again. The issue with the wagon is sorted and turned out to be where the crank balancer pulley was loose it was that loose the crank sprocket had enough play to cause the woodruff key to **** itself and be like 1.5teeth out on timing. 

Striagt piped the back box when it was all running right and details it. 

IMG_5236.JPG

IMG_5231.JPG

IMG_5232.JPG

IMG_5247.JPG

IMG_5275.JPG

IMG_5278.JPG

IMG_5286.JPG

IMG_5287.JPG

IMG_5288.JPG