hid's

charleseaton1

Anyone know anything about hid headlights or reccomend a brighter bulb for impreza classic? The ones i have may aswell be off at night their useless. Ive heard mixed things about hid's some say good some say they melt the lens any help would be much apreciated

Iirc yours is the sports special? Don't know what bulb is in my friends but it was brighter than my legacy.

Got a hid conversion kit for my legacy, need to drill through the plastic backing of the headlight with a hole saw drill bit to be able to get the bulb and wire through but it came with a rubber grommet to cover the hole so water doesn't gets through.

No problem with any melting so far, had them in for maybe 3 weeks now, changed my foglights to hid for about a week (but they didn't make much of a difference really as my lights are about 2 inches wide)

Was on eBay for £16 for H7 bulbs.

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Thanks as long as they dont melt as a few people said they do locally. Yes its the sport special. h4 i believe ive seen the kits on eBay for around£17-£50 so may aswel give it a try and just keep an eye on the lenses. Not sure wjat bulb is in mine at the min but went out last night and just struggled to see. Full beam worked fine just low beam

I suppose they might get hotter as a H4 as high and low beam are on the same bulb, if they are one of them annoying people who can't see without high beam and drive with it on all the time it could possibly be too hot for lenses?

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Ive ordered some 100w yellow bulbs just so it takes the dazzle away in other drivers eyes. The ones currently in are 60w but seem really dim. High beam works fine. but like you say i dont want to be a driver with full beam on all the time lol not only that yellow goes with the car 😬

Personally if you don't have projectors don't fit HID's, there's nothing worse than been followed by or coming towards someone with hids in standered headlights. A pair of good 100w(off-road use only) rally bulbs should make a good improvement :-) I don't wanna sound like a winging poo head lol

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk