New members need help fozzy STurbo 2000

Scooby-Tony

Hi I'm Tony and have a Subaru forester sturbo 2000, green and lowered may have seen (or heard it )knocking about mansfield with my bat man wheels :-D, she's a great little beast especially on an empty road, she has been good to me although lately I've got a rear hub bearing problem, the bearings are not a problem to get hold of but seams the hardest thing is fitting them, I do do a lot of the work my self but wondering if its easy to buy the part n get it fitted or get a whole new hub ??????? Cheers in advance, Tony 

Hello & welcome, If you gave access to a bearing puller and press then it shouldn't be that hard, you will need to strip the back end down, I'd have a look at the bolt that goes through the hup and control arms, these are normally seized and may need cutting out,

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I had the same issue when needing a replacement bearing. I was worried about pulling the old bearing and finding the hub scored or damaged. That on top of wanting to do the work myself to save labour cost. Always a risk buying second hand parts especially bearings and hubs. There's no way of checking what mileage car they came from. I've been lucky so far as the hub I swapped has been on over a year now.

The rears seem to be a bit easier on the hubs, had a rear o/s one that was grumbling for at least 3 months before it got replaced, no damage to hub, if you get them early enough than shouldn't be problem,

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1