Winter wheels and tyres

I'm planning to buy a used set of wheels to take winter tyres.  Mine's a 2002 WRX blobeye (not STI) currently fitted with factory standard 17 inch wheels.

I've been offered a set of OEM 16 inch rims removed from an earlier model (Classic I think).   They are 7.5JJ with 40 to 50mm offset.

I'm told that they will fit my car.  Is anyone able to confirm this?

I think they will there is another post some where that a member had a issue like this and it worked out they would fit if I can find it I will link it :)

I can't find it now :( I know I looked into it I'm sure they would fit he wanted them while he get's his other ones resprayed 

Will have another look later to let you know for sure ;) 

Gambit,

Thanks for the prompt reply.  As a new member, I'm most impressed with the speed and quality of the responses to the few queries I've posted so far.

One general question:  It seems that each time I post, I need to open a new topic, rather than continuing an existing thread.  Is this correct?

Also, is there a way to search posts by subject, e.g. Wheels, Tyres, Gearbox, etc., whereby all posts about that topic are in one place?

Kind regards,

Stuart

No problem. And that's because I'm sad and have nothing much to do even when I'm working that there quick ;) it's not always like that you must have been one of the lucky few :D. Not sure there quality is always the best it can be but we do try our best. But thank you all the same :D 

And no you should be able to reply to other people's threads or on your 1st post if you want. But the forums not run like some !Removed! P.O.W camp so no just post away :D Just try keep it in the right rooms really. But if not we will move it without any moaning ;) 

You can search with the bar and it is linked via Google to the site but if you put wheels in it, it will show every thread that has wheels typed in like this one :)  

Some of the threads do take on a mind of their own - in a good way, but when it comes to a specific subject or question if there hasn't been a thread created about it previously its good to start another as it may be of help to someone else in the future.

Also you can start a new thread and put a link to a previous thread if it is related to but not answering your question etc in the first post if you don't fancy posting in the original thread.

As Gambit has said this forum has a relaxed approach and we are very much aiming to promote a friendly, inclusive place.

If there are some issues with not being able to see threads in a particular section please drop us a PM or create a thread about it as the site sometimes has some teething issues

• Like 1