Alternative subframe for 2004 Forester

Bud

Hello just browsing through these posts can anybody give me any info or where to start looking for any other subframe alternatives to my 2004 forester or should I just get a bus pass ? Cheers bud 

The borders are looking good mate had a few weeks of hard frost no snow as yet which is fine by me, i see your up in glasgow i love a night out there brilliant city was up at the hydro for a gig last weekend, how are you getting on in the hunt for a subframe 

The weather up here is at it, am I allowed to say it's too "warm" funny enough I've not been in the hydro yet, being in the zimmer age group noo it's no gigs I go to now it's casual get togethers, I'm (53)  and a good night oot is  just a distant memory. Oh when I was a boy. No sign of a subframe yet the mot is due end of January. I was on eBay last night and there's one for sale (56) this time, from the same guy. Very strange.( ?) I mean another forester in mint condition with 12 months mot, just like the one we bought 

• Like 1

Nah not stuart hogg unfortunately lol i wouldnt mind his money though haha,  my wee boy plays kids rugby and has met him a few times he lives in hawick where hoggy lives and he likes to come watch the young ones playing every now and again which is good gives the lads something to get excited about and shows them that if they try hard enough they can get to where he is now, aye your right the weather is a bit warm just now it'l no be long till the cold shows its hand at some point i think 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I was on another web site and it had the wee ant crawling about and I immediately tried to squash it, then I remembered I had seen it on this forum, oh technology it's great, never too old to learn, no fool like an old fool, etc they all apply to me doh.

Our forester ( 2004 awd X 2.0 ) passed its mot today ! Lucky there was no feathers about it would have knocked me doon! Advisory points but, rear subframe rust, brake pipes, seat belt anchor points all with insignificant corrosion. So we live to fight another day. Saying that I got to put petrol ⛽️ in it. Then the wee wummin promptly kicked me to the kerb. Wummin are so kind, generous, warm hearted, etc if I only knew one. Eeeekkkkk, I am determined to catch the wee ant at the bottom of these posts. Keeps me happy.

Hi bud glad to hear the motor passed its mot i've not been on for a while as i've been really busy with work since the cold weather has finally shown its hand here, been on standby at work so been out fixing gritters and jcb loadalls during the night was out at midnight on newyears day as the fireworks and bells were still going off also been pretty ill over xmas and newyear with this super cold bug thats been going about, hope you're getting somewhere with finding a replacement subframe and aye women are good at bringing us down a few pegs lol :biggrin: