Impreza sti widetrick or sti 330s?

Sherlock1988

I'm looking at buying a Impreza in the next few months and it's out of an blob eye sti widetrack or hatchback 330s.

ive got around 13k to spend and will be using it as my daily.

whats better to live with and which one will hold its value better over the coming years?

Can not really say with sti but i have had a blob wrx and have a hatch wrx now and use both as dailys and the hatch i would say is easyer to live with as a daily.my hatch has lowering springs on so it bit stiffer then normal but its still easyer on my old limbs.hatch has folding rear seat as well which is main reason i changed from the saloon,much easyer if you want to get stuff in it.i would say go for the hatch and the 330s has nice recaros in them,but at the end day its your choice so i would say test drive each then you will be able to decided which is for you.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, aucky said:

Can not really say with sti but i have had a blob wrx and have a hatch wrx now and use both as dailys and the hatch i would say is easyer to live with as a daily.my hatch has lowering springs on so it bit stiffer then normal but its still easyer on my old limbs.hatch has folding rear seat as well which is main reason i changed from the saloon,much easyer if you want to get stuff in it.i would say go for the hatch and the 330s has nice recaros in them,but at the end day its your choice so i would say test drive each then you will be able to decided which is for you.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

With the hatch I just worry about the ringland problem, is it a big issue?

14 hours ago, slipstream5418 said:

All 2.5 have potential ringland issues.. hence the current high price for 2.0 Widetracks. Any 2.5 is at best 50/50 for a failure unfortunately; but a good remap, educated driving and going forged will minimise the risks.

Doesn't make any difference i'm afraid, its just pot luck. If you can find a forged one though your larfing.

If you dont mind having a rebuild then 2.5 is fine, built right they have loads of potential and make a better road engine than the 2.0 imo. Just depends if you want to go that route or not

• Like 1