Auto wipers?

Dave Robinson

Picked my new Forester Diesel CVT up yesterday. Well pleased with it except for one annoying little thing, the auto rain sensing wipers don't seem to 'auto sense'. When set to auto with the sensitivity turned down to as low as it goes they just keep wiping. I'm going to give the windscreen some attention with a meths soaked cloth over the sensor to see if its spotting something I can't see.

Anyone come across this?

On 11/03/2017 at 6:53 PM, Dave Robinson said:

Picked my new Forester Diesel CVT up yesterday. Well pleased with it except for one annoying little thing, the auto rain sensing wipers don't seem to 'auto sense'. When set to auto with the sensitivity turned down to as low as it goes they just keep wiping. I'm going to give the windscreen some attention with a meths soaked cloth over the sensor to see if its spotting something I can't see.

Anyone come across this?

Have moved this into the forester pages as you'd posted in the XV section. Hope that's ok? DC

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi, I know its been a while since your post but did you find a solution? My Legacy is doing the same thing. I've had it since February and initially all was fine but in the last month or two it just won't stop intermittent wiping on auto despite the screen being clear and no rain falling Thanks for any response.