Is it right to race your own????????

Had an issue with the car today.had the MAF off & on and when I drove it, it lost power for a second then came on line and flashed chek engine? So I dropped the misses off after taking a slow drive home and took it down the dual carrage way.

On my approach in front of me was a really really nice looking forester STI in that dark metallic grey,down the slip road now,and he put his foot down which activated mine! As we picked up speed, I thought is this right ( not sure he'd seen me by this point) I carried on and as it picked up pace he pulled over, so I passed nicely and pulled in ahead, so he passed me and I looked over to give a wave but nothing.he put his foot down again but I was on the boil so same thing happened except I put a lot more distance between us. I wasn't sure if I did the right thing, I mean I'm a friendly guy especially to other subarus but he just kept blanking me ?as I double check when I got to the next set of lights he blanked me again sitting side by side

• Like 2

Haha I would say sounds like he needed showing to be fair. I did see a legacy today I thought about over taking but just sat behind him when I was along side him I did nod my head at him to say hi but he just pulled off and didn't do anything :( 

And I have only seen one subaru driver in a classic race off when I was behind him I normally like to be behind.....It's my favourite position. Opps mind wondered off. But yeah what was we on about ? 

Oh that's right yeah I try to make it look like a convoy if I see another one for as long as I can and give them a flash of the light's if I turn off or if they do :) 

Yeah ditto all of that, except the I like to be top feet round my ears.

I had some kid with his girlfriend in a civic with a dustbin end can try and over take me up a hill today followed closely by a new golf gti, they were having a little tussle up the hill and all of a sundden the estate car ie me started to accelerate away.he tried to pass me but it wasn't going to work, I had to do it smoothly as the mrs was in the car which was a shame so it only looked like I was fending them off, of which I noticed the civic driver looking pleased that he'd keep up with a subaru and gave his girlfriend a big kiss like out of mad max( the first one with the night rider) !!! The wife thought I was going fast, I assured her I wasn't( like she cares how fast my car is!)

• Like 1

:lol:  I had a Jag x-type sports 3.0 V6 try leave me at some traffic lights the other day, the bloke was 50 something. Took it to a tonne with the missus in the car and had to let him go :( The constant yelling and shouting was getting annoying and I even tried putting the window down to no avail.

And yep like that position too but only works when it's with consent and not after chasing them through park at night  :ph34r: 

a ferrari 360 came past the other day in a 30 zone then when it changed to NSA he booted it - stuck on his tail kids in the back whooping and cheering but the co pilot wasnt amused, to be fair though, by her own admittance, she is a bad passenger and prefers to be booting it herself

I had fun with a 360 I don't think they're as quick as they make out to be. It was the spider version not sure if that slowed it down to the hard top I know it does effect them, it did pull away eventually but I was shocked. And I got moaned at for that too and since took the BHP down on the map :(