Newbie - Basingstoke

RSLee

Hey all,

Joined the forum as it seems the best place for advice! :)

I'm currently looking for my first Impreza. I have seen a few on various sites, but the ones in my price range (£4k) have pretty high mileage, like 80k plus.

What are the engines like? I'm not after a heavily modified car, no 300 brake and uprated turbos etc. My ideal model is the 2L R Sport Hawkeye.

Im also trying to sell my current car, a 2012 Renault Sport Twingo 133. So when that sells, the hunt is properly on!

So really it was a hello, and a bit of advice on potentially buying a higher mileage Impreza.

:biggrin:

Hello & welcome, 80k isn't a massive amount if it's been cared for properly, many if us are well last 100k now,

Prices fluctuate massivley, so I'd go see a few at different pieces just to get a feel for what's out there,

The 2L engine is pretty bulletproof, if you went for a sport there's not a large amount of modding that can be done to make if faster, most sport owners go for aesthetics and handling upgrades.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Theres a really nice black sport in for sale section.the owners name slips my mind but ge wants 5k but will take offers off members on here.if i wanted a sporr id buy it in a heartbeat il see if i can find link

• Like 1

Welcome!

I wouldn't worry about a 2.0 R Sport with 80k on it if it's got a full complete service history.  As Stants says a lot of turbo'd older cars on over 100k.  Mine just gone over 100k running 280bhp stock and more in last 4 years :biggrin:.  It's all down to regular service. 

Hope your French shoe box sells soon and you find a good Hawk.  Have a good look round the forum and ask away if you need. 👍

• Like 1