strange alarm problem

Over the last few months my alarm has been going off apparently at random, about 1 minute after the system is armed.

Very embarrassing as a couple of days ago it did this when I was at a funeral !

After much head scratching I found the reason - my mobile phone. I usually don't leave the phone in the car but finally found that the car didn't like the phone being left in the tray next to the handbrake. I experimented and everytime I left it there the alarm would go off a minute or so later..

So.. if you suffer from apparently random alarms, maybe this is the reason for you too..

• 8 months later...
On 23/04/2017 at 9:10 AM, chrisletts said:

Over the last few months my alarm has been going off apparently at random, about 1 minute after the system is armed.

Very embarrassing as a couple of days ago it did this when I was at a funeral !

After much head scratching I found the reason - my mobile phone. I usually don't leave the phone in the car but finally found that the car didn't like the phone being left in the tray next to the handbrake. I experimented and everytime I left it there the alarm would go off a minute or so later..

So.. if you suffer from apparently random alarms, maybe this is the reason for you too..

Many thanks for this tip as it's been driving me mad. The dealer said to take anything metal out of the console in front of the gearstick but I never thought of taking the phone out of the arm console (where it lives). Going to try this tomorrow