Smoke from vents??

Hi all,

Today on my way home from work I noticed some wisps of a white 'smoke' coming from the vents. It only lasted a short time (I immediately thought it was the A/C as it was re-gassed the other day) so I turned the A/C off and pulled over and let the car idle.

The car did not raise in temperature and gave absolutely no signs of having an issue.

A few things to note:
- I had the spark plugs/ gearbox oil and brake fluid changed yesterday
- I had the A/C re-gassed a few days ago as it's never worked since I've owned the car

Has anyone has this before... any ideas?

My thoughts are either:
- Condensation from the A/C (but weird it was only one wisp?)
- Some oil dripped from the gearbox onto the exhaust (but why would it come through the vents?)

Help will be appreciated!

Thanks
Matt

(2010 WRX-S)

My van used to do it.does it steam the windiws up if you have it on windscreen if so feel the vapour if its slimy its a blown heater matrix 

Holts rad weld double dosed fixed mine lol 

I am in no way tellin u it is that and please dont copy me lol my van was only worth 2k so i dint care if it fked it up lol luckily it didnt like

8 minutes ago, Rps said:

Holts rad weld double dosed fixed mine lol 

I am in no way tellin u it is that and please dont copy me lol my van was only worth 2k so i dint care if it fked it up lol luckily it didnt like

Fortunately the windows never mist up, so i think thats all good! I'll save the rad weld... for now! :laugh:

9 minutes ago, Linx said:

I see mist coming in when the aircon is on not smoke. That's normal.

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Tapatalk

The only thing is... a few seconds before I did smell something 'dodgy' that smelt almost like burnt clutch (only way I can describe it).

Again this could be related to the aircon pushing out the condensation?

Ah. If the drive belt slips when the aircon is on it can make a burning rubber smell.

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Tapatalk

Ah ok, well if its a slipping belt I won't be too worried... if it's coolant or gasses leaking into the vents maybe I will concerned as i'm sure thats not good to breath in! 

2 minutes ago, Rps said:

Put all windows up n see if u die.

if not u no ul be ok haha

Best advise I've had all day :laugh: 

If i'm not active again.. ever you know what the problem was!

Ok so now another problems surfaced in the same area... 

Since the 'smoke'/ condensation whatever it was I hadn't turned the air conditioning back on until today and when I did... nothing happened, there was no 'click' of the relay, the engine revs didn't change slightly, absolutely nothing. More importantly the air temp did not change. 

If I turn the climate system completely off, then the revs drop and back on they pick up again slightly - so I don't know if the A/C is jammed on, or off! But either way it's not changing between one or the other.

Any ideas? Could this be related? 

Thanks!
Matt