Keyless entry

I have a 2008 impreza hatch and have keyless entry ..... push black button on door handle and it unlocks the car fully! even when the cars locked i can go to the boot,  push boot release and it unlocks the whole car! 

You currently have keyless? or looking to have it installed ? 

If you already have it it should just be a programming job to tell the car to unlock fully!  

James 

have you got a key pad hidden to the right of the steering wheel. apparently you have a code which then allow you to recode key to open all doors.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Should all be in the black subaru owners folder! id imagine all codes are different. 

Yes but all the Ecu programming is same and I would've thought , the code would be the same for all key less Impreza .

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, kershaw-330s said:

Yes but all the Ecu programming is same and I would've thought , the code would be the same for all key less Impreza .

Whats running through my mind though is that the small key pad which you enter the codes into works the car alarm/ locking so if all codes are the same surely any keyless impreza owner could break into and disarm the alarm with that code haha 

Im prob wrong thats just how my brain is seeing it and makes me think all codes would be different to use the keypads :) even if the lock codes combinations are the same id hope there's a code to access the panel which is always different :/ 

James 

Anybody got an idea how to solve a niggly problem?i have a 2009 Sti 330s.when i push the button on the drivers door to unlock it no problem but whe i do same to lock it the alarm starts to beep and eventually alarm siren will start but before the siren starts i use the ''open boot'' button on my key fob the alarm stops and the car is locked.this problem started after the Battery was out of the car for several weeks while getting an engine upgrade.does the keyfob/central locking need reprogrammed?any help would be great.dont want to take it to Subaru dealer as usual they will prob charge an arm and a leg for 5mins work.thanks.Sean from Northern Ireland.

• 2 weeks later...

Every keypad has a different access code like a pin to your phone or bank card etc to access that part of the car

The access code to reset key transponder will be the same for all keypads

Or try this option first

1. Disarm the security system (if so equipped).

2. Open the driver's door and sit in the driver's seat.

3. Close the driver's door. 4. Place the ignition key in the ignition switch and cycle the switch from "LOCK" to "ON" ten times within 15 seconds. Be sure to stop at the "LOCK" position and leave the key in the ignition when you are done. The horn will sound once to indicate that you are in transmitter programming mode.

5. You must finish the next steps within 45 seconds of the horn honking.

1. Open the driver's door.

2. Close the driver's door.

3. Press and release any button on the transmitter. The horn will sound two times to indicate that the transmitter has been programmed.

6. After programming your remote, remove the key from the ignition switch. The horn will sound three times to indicate the system is now out of programming mode. Ensure your remotes work properly at this time

You may program up to four remotes at any one time. If you lose a remote, program the other four times to clear the code for the lost remote until you can replace it. Do not program your remotes with other Subarus in the vicinity- you may be unknowingly programming someone else's remote for your vehicle!

You've said keyless entry

Not keyless start

If you look out your alarm book that came with car

It will give you the correct codes using keypad