Radiator Issues

eadie_wrx

Hi guys, totally new to this site and just bought my first subaru. I
have a 1999 impreza wrx wagon, a few days ago my radiator cracked so i
bought one online and it has just arrived, However on my old one i have a filler neck on top, and the new one that has arrived has no filler neck.

everything else all seems to line up, hoses etc but just wondering if this will still be ok or have they been updated etc since the old one.

only one pipe has no where to go, the small overflow pipe that comes from top of coolant bottle to radiator. i'm wondering if i can just hook this up onto one of the pipes that goes into the reservoir.

any help would be great thanks.

you could do but to me it sounds like it could possibly be the wrong one, however I may be incorrect. 

I did this to my RS turbo a few months back but had to get a silicone hose that had a neck with extended pipe so I could fit to it and that runs fine.

its normally about 6 - 8 litres but when you do refill have your engine idle for a bit to get any air out of the system when the thermostat operates then check the reservoir level again

Thanks guys, have the day off 2moro so will be doing it then and will let you all know how it went. My mate looked at it today, he said i bought the right one and the one in it at the moment is not.

He thinks the one in it now is for an auto as he said it has oil cooler pipes or something on the side that aren't connected to anything.