Possible o2 sensor

Swino

So driving home Sunday night all was well then my car started misfiring so pulled over checked everything was connected under the bonnet couldn't see anything out of place so limped it home to find the misfire is only between 1000 and 2500rpm after then driver like normal left it over night started next morning drove fine until the temp gauge moved then the misfire returned but now the idle is all over the place still drives fine over 2500rpm done abit of looking around and people saying o2 sensor but I'm struggling to find one for classic can anyone advise if the o2 sensor could cause this and if it's possible to clean it thanks

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Don't think they can be cleaned , well I've never heard of anyone trying tbh .
Have you got any ecu codes ?

Check plugs /wires to temp ,o2 ,tps and loom plugs /earth .

Could be a temp sensor issue , would probably be cheaper to try that first anyways .

If yours is a v1/v2 the o2 oe sensor position is in the headers (pre up pipe) if it's a v3 onwards its located in the downpipe "neck" just after the turbo

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yh mines a v2 with it on the up pipe only reason I asked if it could be cleaned is because I can't find one anywhere the plugs and coils were changed a couple weeks ago and tps was cleaned at the same time I did replace the ecu temp sensor a few months back and not had the engine management light come on which makes it more confusing will check all connections and wiring again when the rain stops

Thanks for the offer but I'm abit far from you going to go to my local breaker and see if he has any I've never had one go on me before but I've never had a problem like this can't understand how it drives fine over 2500rpm surly the engine is under more load then

So after spending days looking at wires and plugs finding nothing wrong just done a compression test and not looking good cylinder 1,2 and 3 90psi and cylinder 4 70psi the engine was cold and the gauge is old but not looking good car still starts and runs fine for the 1st 3 to 4 mins but then the misfire starts if I go below 2500rpm no smoke coming out the exhaust and not using any oil so im thinking the heads are at fault can anyone tell me if this is right thanks