Hello - switching from Toyota to a Subaru , help please

SMH13

Hello,

I was looking for some help and information on the :

Subaru Impreza 2.5 WRX 5DR , 2008 , the new shape.

Firstly, are they a reliable car and not hugely expensive for parts if they do go wrong ?

Are there any known faults or problems with them ?

I have had a few problems with my T180 Rav 4 which just recently Toyota put a free new engine in.

Parts are more expensive than the V W's I have owned !

Looking at buying one as they seem a great car.

Thanks for your help.

Welcome to the Forum's

I would say massive well done on car swap's :D I'm bias ;)

Not really if you get a well looked after one. Big end is a problem posted a video of that before on here can be found on Youtube the sound. And cost I guess depends what you can repair yourself Oil changes filters that sort of thing is a big + on cost saving  

Anything with Clutch or gearbox do cost on repair's I have never changed mine myself so will cost me money. But a car to work with if you have alittle bit of petrol in the blood there easy to work with. If you need anymore info we are happy to help.

Wotcha and welcome :)

research I did before buying mine only pointed towards faults if used for continued fast road use or lots of track days.

the wheel bearing housing on the WRX is not as big as the STI so track day type driving with lots of heavy braking can cause the bearing to fail due to the heat.

I found parts are comparable to the nissan and mazda's I have had in the past.

so as Gambit says listen for noisy big end, check the service history chat to the current/former owner if possible and give yourself some peace of mind