New number plate

Craig- type r

Cheers savage got lucky I think I'm the first owner of the plate so was cheap considering every letter and number works for the car. Guess the v3 came and went before anyone considered plates. Just thought if there is heaps of them going about still it will make people look twice at it at least. Nearly bought P555 YYY glad I looked on all the sites first. Think I will give up looking for an OEM centre section and just get the resonator remade. Car is defiantly staying as original as possible still cant find another unmodified one. 

Yeah id love a plate with "v1 sti " in it and wish mine was still standard . But if i hadn't have bought the Shell of my brv and fitted the engine and 6 speed out of my rusty uk turbo .... build number 19 /100 may 94 would've been scrapped

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Still a very rare car saved though, have you managed to find out how many there are left on the road today? I've gave up with the type r did send a freedom of information request to the dvla and got a reply a month later saying we've got no idea. any v1 sti will Keep going up in value regardless id think no? Is that plate available? I'd imagine it would easily be 10 times the price of mine if it is. Had a few comments from people saying the car doesn't look mean enough lol. Seriously understated car that's for sure. 

I dare say any plate with sti would cost a bit but tbh I've never even looked at the costing of private plates . (Just know I'd like 1)

Yeah it's worth more than it's cost me to build , not that I'd probably ever sell it anyways . I have seen 20 or so v1sti's and acropolis rally versions but unfortunately i haven't seen 1 with a earlier build date than mine yet . Hope there's earlier standard ones out there , as I'd hate to think I've modded the earliest one to death [emoji848].

Yours is quite a good spec car , being the first of the type r's and having the v3sti aggressive cams [emoji41]

Mine does look fairly standard on the outside it's the bay that's a bit errm ...... un oe [emoji849]e5731d65a02ef9f811c36331b24140d7.jpg

• Like 2

Holy jesus! Theres definatley just as much love invested under your bonnet as their is cash that's for sure. Awesome set up there savage I thought my engine bay was clean but wow! Better get the cleaning products out before summer I think. Definatley setting the standard there like. The type r was bought as an investment firstly but I did consider modifying it a month or so after buying it because it annoyed me that much trying to find out information on it and got absoloutley nowhere. Glad I never though however I did think that by now I would have found someone with another original one. Your car must get loads of attention when its out being an older reg plate does it? Mine doesn't but won't be until April its out with the new registration on. My cousin said it looks weird with a small spoiler but I think it makes it stand out. Matter of taste and opinion I spose

I've got a sticky build thread in the tech section, did have loads of pics but photobucket fubar'd that [emoji850] I've kept the cost downa fair bit by doing everything myself bar mapping and suspension geometry .

There was a few round it at japshow finale but I've normally got the bonnet up at shows , it takes the attention of the 24yr old paintwork [emoji849]

It's currently got a v3 front end but I've got the preface ally bonnet and lights to go back on before a respray , hopefully in the spring before show season .

A mate sold a v3 type r in yellow last year that was bog standard he'd imported himself 10 yrs ago and git his money back .As theres always a market for standard classics [emoji41]

Think I might have seen that it wasn't for sale for long at all was it? This one was imported 1998 so has almost full uk history, every mot ticket since its been here, missing 2 tax discs I think, correct bitma certificate, receipt for a full api engine rebuild in 2006 and has done 22,000 miles since with a stack of other paperwork aswell so couldn't get much better on the paperwork side of things but I never got any kind of deal on the car had to pay top price for it as it was the only v3 type r for sale at the time and the boy fairly knew that. I think it will be in 5 years time the car will jump in value when its 25 years old and considered a classic. Nigel Gough from classiccarauctions has phoned me before the last 2 auctions they done asking me to put it in but wasn't giving me quite high enough numbers. I'm going to see about classic rally/Colin McRae tribute rally type shows aswell as I have him and Richard burns going mental in the late 90s in my head 😀 if in doubt, flat out!!!

59e221420bebb_1.jpg