New Owner

Sf5Pat

Evening all,

New to the world of Subaru but not to Jap.

I run my own club that has a mix of all jap cars and my last project was a custom supercharged Lexus IS200.

I'm picking up an Sf5 in the next few weeks really live the shape and style and u don't see too many of them at shows.

Now the question time, I've been told that impreza parts fit the forester with ease and hardly any adjusting.

But which model fits? Now I've been told a GD bugeye impreza parts fit the forester the coilovers and brake components but when I've searched GD models seem to run from 2002 to 2004 and my forester is Sept 2001 will these parts still fit.

Plans are drop it on coilovers, uprate the brakes to drilled and grooved with ebc pads and Goodrich braided lines retint the windows as there not great and potentially fit some bugeye impreza seats as I've done that before. Got some Ice to fit in the boot but looking for a stealth box for that and also wanting to fit some wind deflectors.

Sure plenty more parts will be added.

So can anyone confirm or deny the rumour of the GD parts fitting for me.

b22ffa7bb4065658cc8e5299606f3438.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply.

So for the rear I can get away with using bugeye coilovers but for the front u would need classic coilovers. Nothing like making things hard lol.

Yeah plan on upping power at some stage but that would be further on.

Smallest wheel I'll go is a 17" what's the widest they can take without major arch work as I prefer a staggered fitment

Sorry mate I deleted the other reply half !Removed! the other day as I randomly typed out a load of.jumble relating to the older cars,

The foz seems to be made up of what ever they had lying around at the time, so I'd assume the fitment at the front is a classic even on a late car as it's still an sf .

As for the width of tyres I'm not sure as the rear struts get in the way of wide tyres, o a 215 j7.5 fitment it's close so you may have to look at rolling arches or going with an offset less than 48 ?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hey thanks for the reply again lol,

So I picked up the Foz yesterday loved the 3hr drive back very comfy.

So there's a few little bits that need sorting on her.

I need a washer bottle lid, petrol cap release handle plastic cover, digi clock.

I also need to know best way to fit a spoiler has anyone just used tiger seal before or have people cut the boot lid to bolt it on.

I've orderd a cable to replace the wiring loom for the Stereo but can a normal single din still fit in the space of the other as this seems to be bolted to the tray and switches above?

Few questions I'm sure the experts on here will be able to answer.

Here's a pic of the new beast61770105532984a724d63ceb01cd904e.jpg

• Like 1

The clocks are like rocking horse poo and break alot, I took mine apart and soldered the board back together and it worked for 18 months before it died completely.

The spoiler attaches to the roof with some big bolts, and May come with a template if you bought new, you could tiger seal it I suppose but not sure how effective it would be over time,

Fuel filler handle is a tenner from subaru, mine fell off so replaced it with a new one,

Trying to remember my cage was the double unit with a pocket in the bottom, then the headunit went on top of that and then screwed back in to the centre console,

If you'd joined 6 months ago you could have bought all of the above from me when I broke the car.

Here a link to my nodding gives you a rough idea of what parts go straight In

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=https://uk.subaruownersclub.com/forums/topic/9698-my-foz/&share_tid=9698&share_fid=75442&share_type=t

my foz

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

You can fix the clocks, normally bit of reflowing or bit more solder fixes issue.

remove the clock board from the black plastic housing it sits in and plug it in car loom and press components on board until you hit spot that makes it work then hone in on each board component joint till find likely suspect.

I found large resistor to right of lcd issue on a couple, fixed more than a dozen over the years with nothing more than soldering iron and solder and 30 minutes patience ...

• 2 weeks later...

So little updates to what I've done so far.

So rear wiper was removed and blanked off. Spoiler got fitted and mounted and did a little bit of wrapping on some interior parts then finally got a mate to make me a vinyl sticker for the sunstrip.

All little bits but slowly and surely adding to it.

7a50ea451fc35a146dda406aaa09c0a5.jpg39991a6af13e90f4b546eb5b8bfb24ce.jpg807d216abf98196bbb24b7edbecd33d9.jpgf8b69eb9494faf9d6ffccc45e31cb647.jpg353d7a97a88278082c504d13d43f2546.jpg

• Like 1

Shout have kept the wiper in pace bow you've fitted the spoiler , at speed it pulls the air over the back and down the window not the best when it's pouring down on the motorway soon becomes obscured

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

• Like 1