Blobeye radiator change and coolant flush

AndyF12807

Hi guys,

so two days ago as I was driving to work in my blobeye Rex, the AC went from toasty warm to freezing and my engine temp shot through the roof.

I pulled over, called the AA and he suggested that my radiator was shot. On inspection, there was dripping from under the air intake/drivers side of the rad.

I am planning on changing this tomorrow, is it easy done? Also, I was thinking it would be worth doing a coolant flush while I’m in there, can anyone suggest products or methods for best results?

thanks

Andy

The rad change is simple enough just undo the stays at the top and unclip the electrics at the bottom or the rad take off hoses and lift out,

As for flushing I've always just put a hosepipe in the top hose and run it for 5 mins.
The hard part is the fill & bleed, 50/50 mix if your using concentrate.
I'm a bit rusty on the process but it helps to have the front end slightly raised, then fill very slowly steady away I think it's 5l, (on newage it may be different again as you can fill in the rad cap as well as expansion tank)

Then run the car up temp and top up and burp the hoses as necessary.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

28 minutes ago, stants said:

The rad change is simple enough just undo the stays at the top and unclip the electrics at the bottom or the rad take off hoses and lift out,

As for flushing I've always just put a hosepipe in the top hose and run it for 5 mins.
The hard part is the fill & bleed, 50/50 mix if your using concentrate.
I'm a bit rusty on the process but it helps to have the front end slightly raised, then fill very slowly steady away I think it's 5l, (on newage it may be different again as you can fill in the rad cap as well as expansion tank)

Then run the car up temp and top up and burp the hoses as necessary.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Perfect, thanks Stants. I would have thought it would be simple, so fingers crossed!