Fuel pump

stuartlyons.sl1

Hey guys. Looking for some advice.

The fuel pump in my 2000 classic failed. (Blue sticker) i have fitted a 2nd hand pimp at the moment (red sticker). Does anyone know if it's compatable.

Was running perfect until the pump went now it's running poor. Feels like it's missing and stuttering can't get the power down at all.

Cheers c6ce9e383a573a8e9de6f3baa58dcf18.jpgc104a3d03530315bdb76e93eb5da2ccb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hello, the blue sticker numbered 1 came back as off a subaru samba. The red 1 came back for a subaru turbo 98-99. 

So im assuming the red 1 is the correct 1 anyhow. 

As for the spluttering it could be 1 of many things. Don’t know when a pump fails it will throw a CEL up?? Might be worth doing a reset of ecu. 

Check that each pipe is the same underneath on both I've been chasing problem with mine for months and found a few different things can go wrong with them just because the pipes face the same on top don't mean they do the same job as I've found also can you hear the pump prime? Check the white plug both sides and wiring after changing my pump 3 time and cradle twice turned out to be the wiring on car side had gone bad couldn't see anything wrong but after wiring a new plug on it's been fine also won't get a cel light hope that helps

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

I'm pretty confident that the fuel pump is ok I can hear it prime. Feels like spark plugs or coils somewhere in that area anyway but will have a double take on the fuel pump and see what comes back. Thanks for your input much appreciated.

10 hours ago, stuartlyons.sl1 said:

Thanks for that. Will look into the fault codes. No warning lights on the dash or anything like that and see what comes back. Do you happen to know if Bosch super four fr78 spark plugs are good enough for a scoob. Cheers.

Be best off with NGK PFR6B, 7B for a tuned engine as they can cope with more heat. Start with cheapest option first. Fuel filter, then plugs. 

There's at least 3 different types of fuel pump / tank sender assembly but
The likes of rcm , walbro ect all list 1 type of pump that fits in the classic fuel pump "cradle"

So any aftermarket/oe classic pump will fit in your cradle , so you could try fitting the red labels pump into your cradle . But I'd suggest to use a new pump in your cradle as you don't want to lean off on boost due to a faulty pump [emoji6]

I have currently at the moment just swapped the entire pump over. Don't want to spend too much on it just now as its mot is on Wednesday and will take it from there. But I do plan to fit a walbro at some point in the very near future. All going well will be getting remap soon aswell.

So changed the plugs today and has made a bit of a difference. Feels alot better not like it was earlier like it was struggling to get the right fuel is what it felt like. Still not able to put the foot down and drive on full chat. I have taken a short video of what is happening on the boost gauge. Your help and insight is much appreciated. Cheershttp://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5a91d432a6e0e/20180224_204842.mp4