Is my car a wrx sti

Bouncer

I'm having doubts......it says it on the tailgate but nowhere else ie no oval badge on the lower wings, no plate on the top of the strut, no emblem on the Nardi steering wheel or seats....I also don't think there's any mention of it on the log book. I'll check the hpi reports shortly, it might say something on there but maybe not.

I found a vid on you tube last night of what looks like a genuine one ie all badges ect.....I was also told that sti's have the "red top" engine, mine doesn't

So, has someone just put the wrx sti tailgate on it....

Meant to say...I've got the pink grill badge and strut brace unless someone through the years has got them on eBay ect and put them to convince/con people

Checked the log book, no mention there either, maybe because it's an import.....I've really got my doubts now....maybe Jay, Gambit ect would know for sure...I'm searching the net for info

It should reflect that on the log book / V5- I have looked at the gallery pictures you have posted and I cant see the WRX STI badges, it doesn't have the WRX STI alloys I would expect either.

Even if it is an import it should still reflect correctly in the log book - a quick call to the DVLA will confirm your suspicions

It's only on the tailgate, quite a big "wrx" and "Subaru impreza sti" below, the sti is red lettering.....I'll phone them tomorrow.....I'm sure someone's changed the tailgate then if it should say on the log book, whether an import or not, as you say

This is all it says at the make and type in the log book

post-1263-0-64322900-1378639770_thumb.jp

• 6 years later...