My Wrx Sti Hawkeye 07 Model Code

Turnerdv10

I purchased a WRX Sti 2007 from Subaru trader but in he model code number it states GDGGK8D but been assured it’s a true Sti is this correct ? It’s a Hawkeye . I’ve gone through all the listings and everything on the internet states WRX 

Just spoke to Subaru and the said it could possibly be . But even they said it comes up as a wrx due to model code BUT it does state on the log book 2.5 so the said it’s just one of those which is made as a sti but listed as a wrx . A bit dodgy tho if you didn’t know and had an accident . Something isn’t right and even Subaru don’t know lol . 

In 2012 I was a standard wrx when I purchased it it was a full wrx sti . I phoned up Subaru with the codes of the gearbox and engine . Both came out of a 2006 sti . It was an import from Cyprus . This car was mentioned on here before back n 2016 by jimbob I left a message for him but his inbox was full . It was his mate who owned it and said it was a basic wrx , hmmmmm bought it on finance from a reputable aftermarket Subaru garage/car sales (not a main dealer ) 

In the back of my mind I thought I might be imported.  Now the tricky thing here is where you stand with insurance.  Dvla register as wrx (UK model?) but it’s actually an sti import.  You don’t want to get caught out if you need to claim.  They will wriggle out of anything given the chance.  On the questions you obv said it wasn’t an import when you insured it. 

I’d give the dvla a call and go through it with them.  Obv the dealer didn’t declare it was an import? 

Advertised as Subaru Impreza wrx sti U.K. model 2097 £8995 . Finance company said they would if only lender up to £5721 . He phoned them and suddenly ten minutes they said I could have the full amount as it’s a STI so both parties are to blame . I’m just about to go and speak to him to see what he’s prepared to do as I wanted an sti not a replica which it is , and everything has been put into engine gearbox calipers 5 x114 hubs . But chassis number states different so big can of worms . Basically my insurance is invalid . 

• Sad 1

insurance company just had it down as Subaru nothing else , should of sent alarm bells ringing but seemed a nice genuine bloke . He must of know as he sells them and works on them . Naughty of Subaru but they kindly gave me the reg the engine and gearbox cane out of lol

I’ll let you know how it goes , finance company said it’s fraud and pending what happens today . I’m out of pocket a lot on this and the garage is 263 miles away so not local . All I want is an sti if he is prepared to swap it for a proper one myself and finance company will drop it . If not I think there going to go after him and report him to the FCA as he is a credit broker 

• 2 weeks later...

The garage in question denied all knowledge and thought is was an Sti . Got another car off him in the end . not uch luck with cars from this guy . The car whines alot when driving along and rattles at idle hot or cold . Sounds like whine is from the gearbox or diff. Rattling im sure is a hyd lifter . Sounded quiet when bought drove 300 miles back home next day all the noises started.