07 WRX STI Engine Rebuild Advice

Hi Guys,

I own a 2007 Wrx Sti type Uk

Unfortunately the head gaskets went so i forked out the £2,500 bill to get the top end rebuilt. and Now the bottom end has gone so once again the engine is coming out. Ive decided that i want to make the car faster as it is currently completely standard. I have a £4,200 budget to get the Work done on the bottom end and would like to achieve 375BHP what engine supporting mods should i buy while the engine is apart with the budget i have. Thanks alot!

I'm doing a ej207 52 plate wrx sti type uk rebuild myself at the moment , so can tell you that the standard rods and pistons are good for 450hp ish .

I've spent about £2k in parts and engineer costs , so if your rods , block and pistons are ok i can't see why a safe 400hp engine can't be built for your budget .

You'll only be able to tell whats damaged once the block is stripped but mahle forged pistons are about £500 and h beam rods are about £400 if needed .

Unfortunately im far too busy atm (check my build threads) to take on any other scooby work myself , so I'd suggest to contact RM performance on f.b too see what they recommend.

As mick is a honest tuner and wont fleece you for extra work / parts that are not needed .

http://www.rmperformance.co.uk/

All the best Clive

Edited in as i just noticed yours is a 07 sti and probably a 2.5 ltr engine , so I'm unsure what power the standard components are good for .

Also Alyn at asperformance is worth a call as he does a lot of 2.5 closed deck conversions "in house" to strengthen the block for higher hp builds

• Like 1