Hi everyone

nikvik1

Hi everybody!

I have recently purchased a WRX 2001 Impreza wagon and would like a bit of advice if possible.
I'm a complete noobie here so please hang in with me.

The car already has a VF30 turbo, STI top mount intercooler, upgraded fuel pump and straight system exhaust (prodrive backbox). I think it still has the cat before the turbo, or so Im told I need a new downpipe without a cat.
I have already booked the car in for a remap next month and have some (pink) injectors to instal at the same time.

Im also looking to get some new brake pads, tyres and there is a petrol smell coming from the rear of the car. Possibly the fuel tank seal or so I've read. Also I will only be using the car on the road not for track days.

The car is in great condition for its age and I would like to treat it right. I am originally from the UK but moved to Portugal mainly for the sun. Its great out here but the cars are crap. Old bangers at very high prices but no rust which is a plus! People dont throw stuff away out here they just stick them back together with tape and away they go :)

I managed to pick up the Impreza which is a very rare car out here and it also cost me a bomb.

Any advice on the topics above would be helpful.

Thanks in advance Nick

Wotcha and welcome - Some of the older cars suffer from a rusted filler pipe to the tank so may not be a fuel seal. Check what exhaust has been put on as I believe there are x2 cats, if it is a full prodrive system the lower cat may already be removed.

Here is an example of the other cat removal pipe

http://scoobyworld.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=24_53&products_id=447

I would recommend doing your oil, filter and plugs before you get a remap the you know teh state of your consumables before it hits the rollers 😀👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Welcome!

If your going to decat do it before the re map or you’ll be back again for another one.  Get under it and check what you have in place, if it’s just one them I’m not sure I’d be overly fussed but up to you. 

And as per Jay def swap out the oil, filter and plugs.  Also worth checking condition of air filter too.