My mum loves my car, my motorbikes and me :-)

Diz

My mum is a rather young 77 years old. BF and I went to visit yesterday in my new car (what a babe it is too) and off out she went with her digital camera, which she got and mastered age 70, taking photos of it. Mum is very excited about it too, alas we were having family dinner so I didn't manage to take her for a spin.

Not sure if my mum is happy because it's a car and she's worried about me riding motorbikes (I'm female, early 40s, a self-confessed petrolhead). She loves the look of my sports bike too. Both vehicles have the same top speed and similar acceleration, but I think the car is punchier and less revvvy and temperamental than the bike.

So to all you Scoobies who like racing bikes, and I know you are out there ;-)  Please let me say this... Not all bikes go like stink, and not all bikers have the kind of bike and/or bottle to race you (I wouldn't challenge my car even on my sports bike!). If you do meet a biker who gives it 'game on' then have fun, but please play nice and remember that if it goes wrong 'the bike' has somebody's loved one riding it and they will be hurting a lot worse than you.

And did I mention I am head over heels IN LOVE with my car?!

xx

• Like 2

You're Mum sound's ace :) Hope when you get to take her out in the car you let her feel some of the power put her smile on her face :)

To be fair if I see bikes I know I could race them but I generally move over as far as I can to let them pass. I have lot's of biker friends and some have sadly lost the life's for it now :( But I do like giving them Audi TT's a run for there money with me winning 99% of the time :D 

Ha ha! As previously discussed I suspect the Audi TT (Tom-Titter) newbies think they can take on anything, then find out they have paid a fortune for a myth when they meet an Impreza. I look forward to meeting one who is just driving out of the showroom. I had no idea of the power of my buggy, now called Angus, after our top male duck who was got by a fox (named after Angus Young).

Likewise, I do not intend to blast around everywhere. Knowing I can do it when I need to (and the local black Audi traffic cop car is nowhere to be seen - aye we've got your number too) is enough for me.

My mum *is* ACE, cheers dude. My biker pals are ace too, most of them appreciate a good car and I'm glad you agree.

• Like 1

Grew up on bikes!! Turned in the road bikes when I had kids! As Iam well aware of how I can get on a bike! Not stupid or dangerous but fast!! Especially with a group, not proud!

Had a car pull out on me when doing about 45 ish luckily I went straight over, just a grazed shoulder ɑnd a lost shoe lol!! Bike was fecked, still ride occasionally but off road