Car import/export - temporary insurance

SteveS

I'm negotiating purchasing a new Subaru Forester from a dealer in Sweden.

I'm looking to drive this car to the UK on Swedish export plates.

Does anyone know of an insurer that can provide temporary insurance for this vehicle to cover me while the car is being driven from Sweden, and while its undergoing the registeration process in UK?

Thanks

Admiral can insure cars for you on the vehicle VIN number until fully uk registered. That is what I am doing when my Impreza arrives from Japan

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 11:44 AM, david1972 said:

Admiral can insure cars for you on the vehicle VIN number until fully uk registered. That is what I am doing when my Impreza arrives from Japan

Hi there,im needing either temp of full cover on a legacy wagon ive just imported,what was the quote you got from admiral if you don't mind me asking

On 6/17/2018 at 9:07 PM, DAN@ADRIAN FLUX said:

Hi,

We can cover the vehicle on the VIN number but only once the vehicle has reached the UK. Normally you would need transit insurance from the Country the vehicle is coming from in this case Sweden.

Regards,

Dan.

I've already contacted your company - I was told that the car can only be insured once it's in the UK.

Since I'm planning to drive the car from Sweden, I'm after temporary insurance for the drive back to UK.

After much research I've found a couple of potential Swedish insurers who are prepared to offer me insurance on the vehicle for the drive back and while it remains on Swedish export plates.