06 haweye WRX. Map or accessport (or similar)

Anyone got any advice on this?

Been looking at pricing for the future and would like to get my hands on a cobb access port or something similar to use so i can go back to stock if i need to.

I'm relatively inexperienced when it comes to this and to the cobb access port however i've just had my classic mapped and when speaking to the mapper before hand i had two choices go with an esl board or get a new standalone ecu with the latter able to have various maps so you can switch between high and low boost e.g have a stock map then when the feeling takes you you can switch to the custom high boost map also the standalone came with motorsport features like antilag and launch control, i went for the esl because i really don't need those features and the esl doesn't have switchable maps again something i don't need as long as my engine is running safe i'm happy, i would say though get a custom map done specifically to you're engine instead of some generic map 😉👍

To be honest, I'm kinda feeling that's gonna bed the way I'll go. Who gets a car mapped and wants to drive it stock.

The Cobb would have been nice to have the option, but realistically...I probably wouldn't ever use the stock map.

Thanks for your advice mate. Appreciated

• Like 1