Suburu wrx Impreza boot cable

Green machine

Me and my partner have got a 1998 Suburu Impreza wrx  we have a problem with our boot and was wondering how to take the boot lever cover off where the fuel cap leaver is as well  trying to get to the cable to see of it's come out holder  any recommendations are welcome thanks 

IMG_1581.JPG

Hi. I see this post is nearly a week old but have you sorted it yet? 

If not I’d check the little leaver on the lock it’s self, (boot lid side) to see if it’s down. Drop the rear seats forward and take a torch with you. The boot side panels don’t fit that well and you will be able to get your finger down the side to see if the leaver has been knocked down. 

If it is the cable then am afraid it’s front and rear seats out, plastic sill plates out, boot side panels out then trace the cable out and back in with a new one. Good luck. 

If its the same kind as whats on a bugeye, meaning the leavers are down by the drivers seat. All you do is undo the screw that attaches the plastic to the floor, the boot lever handle just slides off.