Newby with 2010 outback 2l deisel se unsure on holiday

Hello all. Just bought a 2010 outback about a month ago and now in France on holiday. I am a blacksmith and dont drive the car much as I am always in the van. Its a great car but started noticing on the drive down a weird thing. If accelerating hard in 3rd 4th or 5th the revs go up but it takes a good few secs for the car to speed up. Any ideas. Its like a clutch slip but its firm in 1st if you try and slip it when stationary. Sorry to throw this in here but in the middle of France and dont want to allert my familly to possible problems by trawling through old posts. Any help most welcome or tell me where to post the question. Its a well looked after car from my father in law and has done 106000 miles so cant believe its actually the clutch away. 

Cheers Sandals. Ye It is getting worse and with 350km to the ferry in the morning we will see how it holds up. As long as I get it back to the uk I can get it recovered home but if I break down over here I am well goosed for work on Monday. Too many customers wanting gates to get held up here. If I take it easy on the small hilly roads to the motorway we should be fine. 

Just got home this morning at 9.15 after being taxied from Dover to Peebles in the Scottish Borders. 9 hours in a taxi and thankfully paid by insurance after a number of ***** ups on their part. The clutch was not all that bad when we started out but fully loaded with bikes, gear and 4 of us was too much and it lasted about 2 hours driving. And that was being super gentle. I just lost all gears on the motorway on Saturday morning on the way to the ferry. insurance got us a hotel and my lovely car is left in France waiting to be returned sometime in the next 3 weeks!!!  No hire cars to be had anywhere. Sat all day on Sunday waiting and by 12 on Monday we bolted for the train through to Paris, metro and then train to Calais, 7 hours. On the ferry and then taxi home. Home by 9.15am, changed and in the workshop working by 10.30. I am a bit bollixed now. Will let you know how it pans out. Thanks for the help. 

• 4 weeks later...