Fitting back box to my exhaust system (Impreza Sport 4WD)

Oli

So I'm a bit confused on how I'm going to fit this back box onto my exhaust system, I have an Impreza Sport 4WD which is just the 2.0litre version with no turbo.

So here's the deal, I'm wanting to fit this back box to my Impreza.

BdcC9qEl.jpg

This is my exhaust system,
d3Pz9S1l.jpg

My original problem was that I thought the flange on the back box was too big but I measured them and they came up as the same size, my problem now is that the flange on the back box is at a slight angle where-as the flange on my system is horizontal. 

So I need an adapter so I can fit the back box to my exhaust system.

Any ideas what kind of adapter I'd need? Also the pipes are different sizes, 2.5" on the back box and 2" on the system so I don't know if I need anything else?

Thanks in advanced! 

Oli 

Nice set of picture's hopefully someone will have a better answer to it then me. But I did say I don't know great deals about it :) But the only way I could think would be getting both end's cut off and having some more pipe bent and welded over both parts to join them. :( Not ideal I know see if anyone else has better answer :)

No problem mate hope it's helped out :D And let us know how you get on. Someone might come with a better answer yet too you never know ;)

haha yeah, I'm talking with the guy I bought it from, he still has the part of the system that goes from the back box to the CAT so I might just get that off him to save chopping it up (:

• Like 1

That would be the better way to go if you can avoid that - however check it will fit to your cat first ;)

Of course ;3  I'll probably take my jack when I go to see him. He's a scooby fan too so he might wanna fit it there and then haha!

haha yeah, I'm talking with the guy I bought it from, he still has the part of the system that goes from the back box to the CAT so I might just get that off him to save chopping it up (:

Result 

Of course ;3  I'll probably take my jack when I go to see him. He's a scooby fan too so he might wanna fit it there and then haha!

And you hope Haha ;) 

haha more news!

I still have the part that he sawed off the mid section pipe because it was still attached to the back box, I spoke to him and he said I could have the mid section for no extra charge. 
Now on our industrial estate there's a welding business, makes gates and everything and they said that they could weld the part that he sawed off for free next time I'm down, So I'll be buying them some beers haha!

This is all very exciting for an exhaust eh? :')

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Still here lads don't worry! Had a lot of problems with the exhaust system and I'm going to have to go for cutting the flanges off and attaching the exhaust that way!

No problem mate we're still here ;)

Ouch sounds like you have been having lot's of fun :( But most important it sounds like you have a plan of attack so hopefully will work I want to see some more pictures ;) 

No problem mate we're still here ;)

Ouch sounds like you have been having lot's of fun :( But most important it sounds like you have a plan of attack so hopefully will work I want to see some more pictures ;)

haha yeah still gunna do a before and after, my poor original back box is in such a state right now, leaving rust trails and pieces of metal in the road haha! Luckily no holes (touch wood)

• 6 months later...

Did you ever sort this? I have just done exactly the same to my Sport with a Prodrive box. 

I cut the end off the new box, cut the end off the old box and welded my old end into the end of the new box. Dead easy as long as you mark the angles up properly so that they line up. Worked a treat. 

Afternoon of a job. 

Thanks, John. 

• Like 1