Thinking about buying an old Forester . . . with an issue!

Rev-O

Hello All

New here; based in the UK

As you can see I'm thinking about buying a Forester (2.0 petrol, manual, 2003)

My mum, bother and uncle have all had good experiences with theirs, so . . . . 

Only issue with the one I've been offered (108k miles, £400) is that the diver's window doesn't work and is stuck about 2" open -- seller says it needs a new fuse but all the other electric windows work fine.

So: what to do? Buy it? Or no?

THANKS

at £400 whats not to like ?

even if it needs a new window motor or switch...

not sure but would have thought all windows would be on one fuse...

unless it's a complete dog it'll be worth more in parts !!!

I would definitely buy it for the money. Do all the other windows work from the driverside switches ? If not it may be possible that the door card has been off and haven't been plugged back in. Worst case scenario I would say it will be motor / regulator won't cost much to fix 

Window motors are common on these, that about £30 used motor and an hour to fit by someone knows how do them the easy way .

Certainly not a fuse lol, can be 100% sure it motor with test light at motor wiring plug, want use a 5amp draw so know wiring ntergrity good, multi meter not good really as can show good but wiring corrosion ect could stop actual working current so need test circuit under load for proper verification.

You can also add a drain hole in the motor housing on lowest point near the motor spindle bearing on the replacement and replenish some grease/ lube slide rails  which helps lengthen life .

£400 cheap but check rear inner arches, subframe and trailing link body mounts THOROUGHLY as can rust bad on these and pricey repairs . Saggy rear suspension also common and caused buy failed sls struts but new kyb struts and springs pretty cheap .

• 2 weeks later...