Newbe - WRX STI Question...

Beery

Hi everyone,

First, Hi! I used to own a 2006 Impreza WRX Wagon and getting to the point where I would really like another one. I've been to look at a 2014 WRX STI. It drives nice but the paint is in reletively poor condition which concerns me a bit on how the rest of the car has been looked after. 

Any pointers of things to check over? It's got a book full of service stamps but no detail of what's been done. 

Cheers

Paul. 

Hi mate, maybe try calling the garage that stamped it they might have records of what they have done. If its subaru dealer stamps then chances are everything has been done properly. Unfortunately im not sure what to look for on the newer models but subarus paint is know for being not the best. Has it been modified? 

What sort of problems has the paintwork got? I guess you could argue that maybe the previous owner prioritised mechanicals over paintwork, or just wasn’t very good at cleaning it properly, just threw a sponge at it. Also if the price allows the paintwork to be sorted it may be worth a punt. 

Although I would say if you’ve got a bad gut feeling, probably follow that!