Massive

Hi guys just joined as im back in a scoob 

Ive only had it a couple of months but it was pretty standard when i got it since then ive done the exhaust ( full decat system inc turbo decat ) remapped by andrew carr ( high/low boost switch and anti lag switch ) short shifter , cold air intake , Sti interior stereo upgrade and speaker upgrades , brakes done with rotor discs and mintex pads , different wheels that needed arch modification and a few LED light upgrades ....... please dont judge me on the roof vent thing it was on when I bought the car 🙂 ive had various cars from classic wrx/Sti's and a few blobs to a skyline gtst a porsche boxster S  and a couple of Z cars 300 zx and 2 350z's and a few MR2s a gto a fto and more sheds than I care to remember but I had to have that scooby burble in my life again so thought Id try a blob this time  lol I love going to meets and shows and have just got my hearing back from the fast show at santa pod last week so definitely up for a meet sometime anyway heres a couple of pics hope to see you guys soon 

Matty

scooby.jpg

scooby1.jpg

scooby2.jpg

Hi bud the wheels are 18s there were off a skoda so the offset is quite wide lol and I picked them up cheap and had to modify the arches as they were catching as I do love my kebabs 🙂 🙂 🙂

it took me 3 days to do the brakes as everything was rusted solid sat for 5 hours in the rain trying to get front caliper off then got the grinder out and had to order new sliders 🙂

Im in Morley but used to live 5 mins from Richard Henrys in Bradford but still go to them cos andy and the guys know there stuff 

That sound a nightmare, I'm looking into just uprating discs and pads for now, I have 4 pots on the front and 2 pots on the back, they are cast iron so don't dissipate heat as well.

I've read somewhere 326mm discs for the front with 17's  but not sure about the back.

I'm hearing nothing but good things from Richard Henry.

What sort of power gains did you see from the exhaust. 

i was told it should be about 330 but need it on a rolling road to be sure im only going on what i was told after andy carr did a live run map  it was like a different animal i really had to watch the speedo on the way home but the brakes needed bleeding so couldnt go full on and im after a walbro too just for some extra oomph it is very droney on the way to santa pod 3 hours of drone i was ready to kill myself lol i dont know about the disc size i got mine off eBay front and back rotordiscs delivered for £110 which i thought was a bargain and after a bleed it stops on a dime definitely worth the money and i got some hybrid spark plugs from america never heard of them but thought id give them a go for £15 and there spot on 

17 minutes ago, Massive said:

i was told it should be about 330 but need it on a rolling road to be sure im only going on what i was told after andy carr did a live run map  it was like a different animal i really had to watch the speedo on the way home but the brakes needed bleeding so couldnt go full on and im after a walbro too just for some extra oomph it is very droney on the way to santa pod 3 hours of drone i was ready to kill myself lol i dont know about the disc size i got mine off ebay front and back rotordiscs delivered for £110 which i thought was a bargain and after a bleed it stops on a dime definitely worth the money and i got some hybrid spark plugs from america never heard of them but thought id give them a go for £15 and there spot on 

I have been looking into turbo refurbs, they can uprate the internals for considerably less than a new one.

That's very competitive. How much lower does the exhaust hang, I'm considering a similar upgrade from Richard Henry.

It's easy to spend a lot if money on these cars, I'm trying to be sensible, with the budget for now 

The turbo rebuilds start at about £300 and then extra upgrades can get you upto £500-£1000

i cant see the exhaust hanging much lower than standard its never caused a problem going over speed humps

i know what you mean about spending too much but i have to get my sensible head on every now and then , and thats a good price for a turbo rebuild especially for peace of mind that it shouldnt go bang