front O2 sensor

wilbs

Hi, new to site so please bear with me. I have a 2000 Forester 2.0SFTurbo. I have been trying to get a new O2 sensor, front sensor , mine has 3 wires, all I seem to be able to buy is ones with 4 wires.  If they fit will they do the same job? The reason I am looking for one is that it only just passed it's last MOT on emissions and I believe this may be a contributing factor. Also it idles slightly erratically, maybe varying 200rpm once warmed up so also looking for a new MAF sensor, they seem to vary from £30 to £250 - why? and any suggestions on this. Thanks is advance for any help and advice.

So, I tried my local motor factors - Whoopie in Farnham - for the front O2 sensor. All they had listed was sensors with 4 wires but offered to get one in and see if it looked 'right'. So today I went to 'look' at the 4 wired sensor and in fact it was 3 wires and looks to be exactly what is currently fitted to my 2000 Forester SF, so deep joy! I haven't fitted it yet , will do so at the weekend, but everything matches what is currently fitted so looking good. For anyone who wants to know or has the same situation it is an NTK/NGK Lambda sensor  with numbers on the box being 'OZA743-EE1/01' and 'OZA743-EE1' plus a stock number of 97037 - 4H01. This is the front sensor. Hope this helps if anyone else is in the same situation - once fitted I also report back.