PCV valve

Daryl

Anybody have any clue where the pcv valve is an 05 blobeye wrx? Can only find videos for sti's under the intercooler is it in the same place? .I've a bit of oil in the air filter so thought this would be a good place to start

Yeah mate ive just changed mine a few weeks back its under the throttle body, take intercooler off move bypass valve hose out the way Then theres a thinner coolant hose right above pcv valve pop that off and its there. 

Cheers mate, is it in the same place on the wrx as the sti though? Just watched a video, people saying be careful which parts to loosen first to remove the intercooler an replace it, for boost leak an what not, is it a simple job? What the valve set you back mate?

The valve was like £10 mate from import car parts, think its in the same place as the sti but ive not seen an sti engine up close so not sure but as i said before. It was fairly simple mate just getting the hose off the pcv valve was a bit frustrating. Had no issues getting the intercooler off mate bit annoying getting it back on wouldnt call it hard but. 

Nice one well might aswell have a go see what happens,  it's only a very small amount of oil on the filter, have you had it with yours? I thought you had an sti mate that was all

I didnt see any oil on my filter to be honest man. I had oil consumption issue and oily pcv hoses thats why I changed it. Had no evidence of it being changed previously either. Its cool mate unfortunately its not an sti 😞 the guy before me obviously wanted it to look like one though 😂🤣

Just hope it's not the piston rings eh🙄 are their any other signs if that was the issue? Yeah think its maybe one of those that gets overlooked an forgotten about, mine will be ready for it at 104k eh,  what's yours done? Haha, I know people that have had sti's frequents at the gum clinic✌

Dont quote me but i think if it was piston rings you would be getting loads of blowby so oil coming out the exhaust but im not sure. Im at 106k mate so not much difference.  My fuel pump was already swapped out for 255lph one by one of the previous owners so i didnt have to. No too hard but you can access from under the boot carpet. I think some people say its under the rear seats but i took my bugeyes rear seats out for a fuel leak and it wasnt there def in the boot on a bugeye anyway.

I'm a complete mong it's not oil on the filter it's just crap built up on the bottom side🤦‍♂️ , but gonna go ahead an replace the filter what do yous recommend was thinking the washable kn boyo, I'll be doing the pcv at some point anyways just thinking which might be worth while doing first put of that an the fuel filter. 

I had a look on YouTube at a blobeye having one done an the access was the boot mate, presume itll be the same on the wagon eh, doesnt look too difficult tbh, I'll just have to pick some brains before going ahead with it

• 2 weeks later...

Still waiting on the valve, few weeks now🙄, dont suppose you got any pics when you did yours rossco? Found a vid on youtube but it was the american spec an its different somehow? 

Got the valve mate, eventually! What tools am I gonna need to do this just wanna make sure I've got everything in before I get started, bit nervous about !Removed! something up but I suppose ya wont learn if ya dont try