Keypad??

Hi all. I have an 06 Hawkeye and was LED to believe that it should have a pin keypad in the funky little tray besides the drivers side knee. Mine just has a switch and dial for the aftermarket dash 😕 does this mean mines been butchered out or did not all wrx's have them?. Cheeers

• 10 months later...

Outback Gen 5 (2020 MY)- Hidden keypad behind the driver's side fuses flap, above the bonnet release lever, and under the steering wheel.  Anyone know what this is for/does? 

I can't see anything in the manual or online referring to it.  I found this thread above which seems to refer to it (albeit missing in this poster's car).

On 8/25/2021 at 7:59 AM, Greenmamba said:

Alarm/immobiliser probably.

Got it - thanks.  It's a sigma M30 I believe. 

Here's a doc related http://www.scoobypedia.co.uk/uploads/Knowledge/sigma_m30_manual.pdf

And here's a few interesting facts (well, interesting to me any road 🙂 )

1. From another forum. re the Sigma M30 alarm on UK Subarus "If your car has a Sigma M30 alarm fitted, do not leave it within 20 feet or so of any type of fridge or freezer (LIKE IF THEY'RE IN THE GARAGE WITH THE CAR) - the electrical compressor confuses the car alarm system and the remote is also rendered useless. The only solution is to disconnect the Battery and reboot the system. (or input the PIN code into the Keypad?)

2. User Features (of the Sigma M30 alarm system)

The following features are switchable by the end user, using the keypad, and are detailed in the back of your operating instructions.
To access this mode - turn on the vehicle ignition, press the remote button once, type one of the numbers listed in the chart below, immediately turn off the ignition. The numbers will have the following effect: .......I (especially noticed NUMBER 9...)

NO 9.  Turns on super-lock for next set period (allows the alarm to arm, but then shuts down the receiver. This reduces the systems current consumption if the vehicle is left for a number of weeks. The system then can only be disarmed using your PIN number , this gives protection even if your keys are stolen, whilst you are away on holiday.

No. 2 above might also have saved a few Lockdown Battery issues!!

NOTE TO SELF - HIDE THE PIN CODE SOMEWHERE IN THE CAR!!!!

Edit Update - Looks like newer versions of this alarm system no longer allow User Feature No.9 option - GRRRH

My UK Gen 5 has the keypad. Only useful bit I have found is that if you press '2' just before you get out and lock the car, it disables the internal movement sensor. Then I can leave the dog in the car without having the car shout about it

31 minutes ago, Pete_W said:

My UK Gen 5 has the keypad. Only useful bit I have found is that if you press '2' just before you get out and lock the car, it disables the internal movement sensor. Then I can leave the dog in the car without having the car shout about it

That's good to know.  When I collected the OB the salesperson said that another option to avoid the car alarm going off if a dog is left inside was to turn the sensors each side of the windscreen so they point down.  Never tried it myself.

Whatever, it's probably really helpful to find out what your code is, and record it somewhere in the car/or similar, just in case you find you can't switch the alarm off or start the car at some time in the future.