New(ish) and a question kind of

skip92

Hey all 

I joined back in June after buying a bugeye wrx but thought I’ll wait till I need help/advice before post something I recently put a topic up under the wheel/suspension section and I’m waiting there for a reply there so thought I’d try my luck here also, so my question here is has anyone got any tips/idea on what 5x100 18 inch space saver would work as my spare is the standard 16 inch and well did this when I tried to get it out see attached and cheers for taking the time to read this so sorry for the long post so here’s my bug before I put the standard light back in 

EF02DF87-3877-4B9E-AC2A-71311EF2DBCF.jpeg

4AC7401D-1786-4A9D-ABCF-7C049E8BC53E.jpeg

Dont think I have seen an 18" space saver, 15's and 16's - but as long as it clears your brake calipers a 16 should be fine (plus right profile tyre wall to maintain a matching rolling radius)

Cheers for replying, I thought as much as was hoping maybe another model would have had an 18 so I could get one, I just didn’t take a chance with the 16 as I’ve seen 18” inch one which was off a vw with the same 5x100 but assumed the bore would be very different might just go the buy a single alloy 

The cone I’m holding is the part of wheel well, that the “holding pin” I guess it’s called goes into that holds it place, the car had a small leak coming though the boot when I bought it but didn’t think much of it at the time (rose tinted glasses and all that) but it’s bit me back I’ll upload a photo when I get chance to properly show what I mean

Yup the mounting point is the cone in the photo I put up earlier I’ve got that off the spare now and the wheel is fine just two sizes too small compared to what’s on there I don’t really want to limp home and end up doing some damage if that makes sense 

as long as the outside circumference is the same as your 18's you are fine even though the wheel diameter is small for example:

205 50 16

205 45 17

205 40 18

So if you spare has a 16 inch wheel as long as it has a 50 profile and your 18's have a 40 the rolling radius will be the same so you can use it no problem without !Removed! up your diff - obviously it will struggle to cope with the power and they are stamped to say no more thank 60KM I think?  

• Like 1