Exhaust upgrade and remap questions

Hi guys

I am a bit lost, hope someone can help me out!

I currently have 2.5 2007 WRX that I just aquired. It has had a stage 1 tune before I brought it, de-cat downpipe, back box, K&N panel filter, ecutek remap and a walbro fuel pump.

The service has discovered a crack in the mid section of the exhaust so I figure I might as well get it sorted and possible change some bits around at the same time.

Currently I have an Afterburner de-cat downpipe and a Hayward and Scott back box with a standard cat-pipe and mid section.

I was thinking of getting an Afterburner sports cat to replace the downpipe and cat-pipe and a new mid section, also from Afterburner.

Does this sound like a good choice?

If I do this am I going to need, or want to get, a remap?

Bonus remap question!

The invoice I have that shows the works includes an ecutek license, is this license built in to the ecu, the car has it forever, or is it for the specific person?

Any and all advice gladly accepted!

Putting a sport cat is a good idea as a replacement over standard IMO.

I would get a map check to be on the safe side setting up the system in relation to your engine and intake.

The ECUTEK licence is linked to the ECU, the only issue you may have is if it has been locked by the tuner they will need to be contacted by your tuner