Warning lights & Fuses

Tony Hals

I REMOVED FUSE 18 ( CRUISE CONTROL) BECAUSE THE CRUISE CONTROL LIGHT WAS FLASHING AND I DO NOT USE OR EVER WANT THAT SYSTEM. IT'S MADE NO DIFFERENCE, STILL FLASHING ,SO P UT THE FUSE BACK IN. NOW THE AIR CONDITIONING LIGHT DOESN'T COME ON. I PURCHASED THE 2007 FORESTER XC A FEW WEEKS AGO FOR MY WIFE AS  I HAVE A 2006 FORESTER XLN AND SHE LIKES DRIVING IT. HER LITTLE VINTAGE SINGER LE MANS IS ROOFLESS AND AS WE ARE MOVING INTO HILL COUNTRY IN  WALES, A SECOND RELIABLE CAR IS ESSENTIAL -WITHIN A LOW BUDGET - . IT WAS FINE WHEN SHE TEST DROVE IT. CHRISTMAS EVE  WE LOADED UP THE XC LETTING IT TICK OVER FOR SOME 20 MINUTES WHILE WE LOADED UP. SHE SET OF, TO STAY WITH HER 93 YEARS OLD MOTHER, SOME 100 MILES AWAY, ONLY TO RETURN 5 MINUTES  LATER WORRIED THAT THE ENGINE WARNING LIGHT AND THE CRUISE CONTROL LIGHTS WERE ON. I AM UNABLE TO TURN THE CRUISE CONROL OFF   READING MY MANUAL, IT POINTS OUT THAT WHEN THE ENGINE WARNING LIGHT COMES ON, THE CRUISE CONTROL LIGHT WILL ALSO  START FLASHING. THE ENGINE WARNING LIGHT ON MY XLN CAME ON LAST YEAR AND WAS FIXED BY -A SPACER - BUT MY XLN DOES NOT HAVE CRUISE CONTROL THANKFULLY,  ACCORDING TO MY MANUAL, ICANNOT DRIVE THE 15 MILES TO MY FAVOURED MECHANIC, SO HOW DO I DISABLE THE CRUISE CONTROL SYSTEM?. ANY IDEAS WOULD BE APPRECIATED. DID THE 20 MINUTES ON TICKOVER FOUL UP THE ENGINE, HENCE THE WARNING LIGHT AND OTHER  FLASHING LIGHT PROBLEM?

Think the best option is to get the ecu codes read to find out exactly what's causing the lights to come up. As it could be nothing to do with the cruise control and disabling cruise might have no affect .

Think there's quite a few cheap code readers that work on 2001 + cars , if you don't know a local garage that can help