looking for insurance

damien e

17 hours ago, Jay762 said:

is the car standard? If so people like admiral will be able to provide a quote, not standard you need to look at brokers which means spending some time on the phone.

It has an exhaust and i was going to put an air filter on it.

15 hours ago, CarBoyCam said:

Do you mind me asking how old you are? That quote for someone young in London doesn’t seem unreasonable on an STI to be honest.

i am 29. i live in west london and i got a quote form admiral for £2300, for an 08 hatchback sti and exhaust mod. i got 1 year no claims.

12 hours ago, damien e said:

i am 29. i live in west london and i got a quote form admiral for £2300, for an 08 hatchback sti and exhaust mod. i got 1 year no claims.

Yeah, I’m a year younger, but I live in a rural location. I’ve got around 10 years’ no claims protected and I’m paying £560 a year on an STI.

So I think given your age, location and only one year of no claims, you likely won’t get much cheaper than your original post price.

Best advice from me is use all the comparison sites, go direct with places too which aren’t on comparison sites and look for cash back offers on Quidco or TopCashback.

2 hours ago, CarBoyCam said:

Yeah, I’m a year younger, but I live in a rural location. I’ve got around 10 years’ no claims protected and I’m paying £560 a year on an STI.

So I think given your age, location and only one year of no claims, you likely won’t get much cheaper than your original post price.

Best advice from me is use all the comparison sites, go direct with places too which aren’t on comparison sites and look for cash back offers on Quidco or TopCashback.

the thing is, i had my licence since 2012 and did the pass plus, i not had a crash, never had points, it just seems stupidly high just for an exhaust, £8,000 for a mk5 golf r32 with an engine swap (just the engine).

2 hours ago, damien e said:

the thing is, i had my licence since 2012 and did the pass plus, i not had a crash, never had points, it just seems stupidly high just for an exhaust, £8,000 for a mk5 golf r32 with an engine swap (just the engine).

You may have had your licence for a while but having only one year’s no claims, to an insurer, you don’t have a proven history. Therefore you wanting to be insured on a 300 BHP rocket is a risk for them. Especially when you couple that with mods of any kind which (in their eyes) mean you’re an enthusiast and will drive quicker therefore more risk.

It sucks I know. That’s why I went through two Corsas before finally taking the brave pill and getting a WRX. Haha.