Down pipe/cat

benjilovett

I need some help guys i had my car put on a ramp today to investigate the blowing from the exhaust its the front piece with the cat in they quoted 598.70 fitted is this right. I can only find a ninja race cat for£299 is there any better ones available reasonably priced 

I had a cobra sports cat(fairly good quality) think I paid about £250 for it new and only upgraded due to fitting a full 5zigen system .

if your gonna fit it yourself grab yourself a turbo outlet gasket, downpipe to cat back 'o' ring and maybe new cat back bolts/springs (if they don't come with the new cat as a kit). "import car parts" is probably the cheapest place to get your gaskets

• Like 2

Just had a squint on the cobra site but they've gone up £100 in price over the past 2years

http://www.cobrasport.com/exhaust/Subaru/Impreza+Turbo+WRX+and+STI++%2894-00%29/31/0/0

Could try japspeed

http://www.japspeed.co.uk/Subaru-Impreza-GC8/Subaru-Impreza-GC8/Subaru-Impreza-Classic-High-Flow-Sports-CAT/p-23-1-403/

Haven't bought any zorst bits of them but seems cheap and sure looks shiny lol

• Like 1

That's what mine's like on the wrx but I'll have to either get a sports cat, original full system or change the mot place (which I've used for the last 14ish years)

If you have used him that long surely your on friendly terms with him, pull him to one side so no one else an hear you and just say that all your gonna do is for the cat, really test, then de cat again when you get home, tell him there is a couple of pints in it for him

My tester knows if he failed mine on all the illegal parts all I'd do is swap email over for a retest and then back again when it's done, not only does that waste my time but it wastes his time and costs him money as a retest is free within 10 days and that's money he could be making from other customers

• Like 1

If you have used him that long surely your on friendly terms with him, pull him to one side so no one else an hear you and just say that all your gonna do is for the cat, really test, then de cat again when you get home, tell him there is a couple of pints in it for him

My tester knows if he failed mine on all the illegal parts all I'd do is swap email over for a retest and then back again when it's done, not only does that waste my time but it wastes his time and costs him money as a retest is free within 10 days and that's money he could be making from other customers

He's not like that Miggs as I found out the other day mot'ing the sport, I said do I need one or both cats he said both as that's the way they're built, or try somewhere else that won't bother....he's a good guy and will usually just tell you about some stuff if it's not that bad, but in this case....no favours from him!