Hey from Wiltshire!

HKS

Heres a few snaps of my latest Subaru, had before a bugeye non turbo model, upgraded to a (what I think is the best shape) Classic 2000 turbo!

What you think guys? Will post up some decent snaps i took of her not so long ago. Had her over a year now :)

Love her.

post-568-0-65605500-1363978473_thumb.jpg

post-568-0-43328300-1363978492_thumb.jpg

post-568-0-37934100-1363978512_thumb.jpg

Well, the only cosmetic changes left to do will be to "de-tango" her. Hate orange full stop haha! - And I don't like big body kits and bigger spoilers etc.

Other than that, its got an imported auto engine, converted to manual gearbox, aftermarket air intake, full stainless exhaust system and well maintained. Been tempted to put a front mount & bigger turbo. But shes very reliable at the moment, wondering if I tempt fate it will all go to pot ha!

Thanks.

I agree with the orange :D

And tough one. Like you say she's been good up to now. I would think about the engine with age and millage.  Then I know it would all go out the window and get the better of me and I would do it anyway lol  :D

I agree with the orange :D

And tough one. Like you say she's been good up to now. I would think about the engine with age and millage.  Then I know it would all go out the window and get the better of me and I would do it anyway lol  :D

Well some engine related info, its on its 3rd engine which is an imported auto lump (converted to manual), so hopefully its been "ragged" a bit less, this is the engine that came with the car when i bought it, so quite happy with that, and also its on its 2nd gearbox, so all is being maintained and so far its proving reliable, power is always there, never had a management light (touch wood) so far. Its got a fully uprated exhaust stainless system with high flow sports cats. Aftermarket air intake, new brake calipers with braided lines. (unfortunately only 2pots atm, looking to advance to 4pots soon) 

Now the body, its got your usual wear and tear chips at the front, but for a Shell that's done 180k miles, its in very tidy condition. 1 minor set back is the front passenger wing has been keyed with its previous owner. Will be getting that resprayed very soon.

Thanks

I would change the breaks for sure with the power. And I agree it does sound very well looked after, Can't do anything about chips and age marks other then not drive it :D never going to happen with me anyway ;)

I had someone key scratch one of my old cars. God it makes me mad that :angry: The same car also got a door slammed into the front N/s wing in a car park, but I pushed that out the best I could. I got a quote for the key scratches where I live they wanted £1175 Then a friend crashed it on a test drive so solved me worrying about the key scratches then :D

ah man! I dislike hearing of any subaru in a crash, there isn't going to be many of these older shapes left in a few years if the current rate keeps up! And yes having a car "keyed" is just pathetic and kinda annoying. If you have a problem with someone just say it to them.. don't touch their car - although I can almost guarantee its part jealousy.

Breaks are on the list "to be done this year" there just so expensive... 4 pot upgrades will require bigger discs, bigger pads.. heh.

Out of curiosity, which tyres do you guys run yours on? The previous owner had some terrible issues with the brand "sunnys" so I've gone for Falkens, and I must admit, Im yet to loose control even in some difficult drives. Guess thats partly due to not overpushing your car to perform in such conditions, but tyres almost definitely help!

Thanks, 

Mine was just done out of jealousy I believe, I try my best not to have to many hater's but you can't please everyone. :)

Not sure what tyres I have on the car lol. Reason for that is I had to tax the car on 31st December so did it online. Put all my details in and it came back that I had no MOT. So I was getting mad about this and went and got the paper work, got the MOT certificate and found out it ran out in October :( I rang a local guy who does my MOT's up and luckily was open on Jan 2nd and got me in 1st thing in the morning about 7.15am It only failed on all 4 tyres, and there low profiles. A lot of the tyre places was still shut for the new year, and had to have them ordered in for next day, So just got them to order what they could but good ones. It was either the 4th or the 5th before I could get it taxed again as I did it at the post office I know just with them few days cost me £695 lol 

Running Conti Sport Contact 2's will probably go SP3's when it comes to change

In the past I have run Yoko 509's and 510's which were great but had 503's as standard on my Mazda and they were rubbish, little grip in dry worse in the wet and wear rate was high still.

Have also run Toyo Proxes T1R's before the conti's, they were very good but the conti's have a better feel in the wet.

I wouldn't have an issue running Falkens ran Hankooks in the past and they were ok