Generation?

Wyeman

Hi - I'm new to the forum and new to Subaru. I have a 2009 Impreza 2.0l. Can someone help me understand the "1st gen, 2nd gen, 3rd gen" references please?

Very grateful for any explanation.
Peter

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Like every forum there are a lot of questions asked on a repeatedly rather than searching previous questions which for some users is annoying thereby limiting answers when time has been taken to answer previously.

Forums are great when there is a two way interaction and sufficient knowledge of the subject matter but I have noticed a lot of queries having no replies and haven't quite sussed out why.

Not good practice though to have a dig at members who may have information you realy need and can't find anything from other sources. Your original query was from two months ago and it took seconds to come up with the link I posted although I knew it existed from doing research on the first scoob I had at least 10 years ago.

There are a lot of good resources out there from more model focused forums like SIDC and NASIOC in the states and believe me most owners have probably learned most of what they can now relay via this forum from other sites and then put into practice.