Headlamp adjuster sensor Out back 2008

Hi all  New here . had my outback for 6 years now . can you help . I have the headlamp adjust light on my dash . I'm thinking a sensor problem .

I believe there are two, one front one rear. both nearside under wheelarch . any tips on where exactly they are and cheep fixes . quoted just under £200 each from dealer . thanks Alistair 

On 6/24/2021 at 11:37 AM, Gremlin-08 said:

Hi all  New here . had my outback for 6 years now . can you help . I have the headlamp adjust light on my dash . I'm thinking a sensor problem .

I believe there are two, one front one rear. both nearside under wheelarch . any tips on where exactly they are and cheep fixes . quoted just under £200 each from dealer . thanks Alistair 

The rear one sits between the lateral link and subframe, the front one between the lower control arm and subframe. They're quire exposed, and can get gummed up, or seized, or the ball joint pops out, It's worth having a look and cleaning them up. New ones are £180 from ICP.

• Like 1

Check to see it the link itself has not broken first before going after the sensors - OEM on the impreza is plastic and I had one snap - replaced form eBay source with metal items about £40 ish if I remember correctly

As above my Impreza ones are seized and coated up but thankfully dont cause any problems, too brittle to clean down but no warnings and headlights are stuck at a good level.

Is the dealers price including labour?

ICP is my go to for parts.