Oil Leak

AndyXV

i've got a GB270 forged engine 361bhp

ok so i noticed a small dropping of oil at the weekend when it was raining, & reversing into my bay

had a further look and it looks like it coming from behind the (top mount) intercooler, so took that off for a further look when taking it off, there is a visable amount of oil in the intercooler, and also in the turbo air outlet, not massive amounts but enough to be concerned, 

any ideas? would be a big help. ive read it may be turbo on his way out?

IMG_4453.thumb.JPG.87b756726a28f409b3f5b1cd5c574afe.JPGIMG_4454.thumb.JPG.16f5bb012d7b9d9fd598b291d7dafdc2.JPG

😢 

IMG_4455.JPG

It could well be the turbo seals but you'd normally get a bit of smoke from the tailpipe ,especially on boost . 

Not sure if your model has avcs ? 

But a few other things in that area that have oil pressure in that might be worth checking before buying a new turbo ....

Oil feed lines to turbo /avcs solinoids andTurbo oil drain pipe .

Hopefully it's nothing too serious but if it is turbo seals ..... might as well look at upgrading to something billet , bigger or both 😊

hi savage

thanks for the reply

I couldn’t tell you myself to be honest, I’m quite a rookie when it comes to these engines, probs get to get it on to have a proper look 

noticed a little grey smoke from exhaust on start up that’s abit oily smelling but that clears after the first initial puff, I have had people saying with a forged engine you do get abit of oil in the turbo/intercooler if you don’t have a catch can fitted,

but that’s not giving my any idea of where it’s leaking from unfortunately 

im guessing the turbo is already a bigger one with the engine being forged? But might be wrong