Hello from Sunny Aberdeen

340R

Hi folks,

Long time Subaru fan boy...well fan old git now 😆 

My interest started from watching Colin, being a Scotsman and all it was my duty to cheer him on 👍 My interest really grew when my best pal bought a 92 Classic JDM WRX in flame red. This was back early 2000, totally fell in love with that car and was fortunate enough to own it for 4 fantastic year's.

Scroll on to 2019. I was lucky enough to scratch an itch and purchase a 2010 WRX STI Type UK in Plasma blue pearl with the 320R upgrade. Bought from Subaru Fife with only 37000 miles. Full history with the dealer knowing the previous owners. Fantastic machine, and utterly faultless during ownership. Sadly I was made an offer that I just couldn't refuse. A decision I still regret. 

Since parting with it I've had 4 cars in a year. None of which have really put a smile on my face. Nor had any character. 

Just browsing the classifieds I come across another WRX STI Type UK. Only 30000 miles in Pearl White. Dealer registered and then one owner. It also came with the 340R upgrade and full history. To top it off it was a mature owner and a Professor to boot. Only had just over a week.

So back in the fold and totally loving it. I've nicknamed it "The Jackhammer"

In getting the wheels refurbished, front bumper painted and a HT Autos front lip spoiler fitted. STI rallyflapz ordered and awaiting delivery. Other than the above, I'll be looking to upgrade the head unit and speakers.

Looking forward to chatting with you folks.

More pics to follow.

IMG_20200108_143123.jpg

IMG_20200108_131947.jpg

IMG_20200108_131837.jpg

IMG_20210820_130105.jpg

IMG_20210820_125752.jpg

Screenshot_20210816_230302.jpg

Screenshot_20210816_225526.jpg

Screenshot_20210813_202130_com.microsoft.office.outlook.jpg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jay762 said:

Wotcha and welcome - lovely motors 🙂 keep us posted with your progress, feel free to create a build thread to share photos 👍

Thanks for the welcome Jay 👍

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, David Wilkinson said:

Great story mate. Very jealous :drool:

Thank you David. V much appreciated 👍

I've been extremely lucky in finding this one, right place right time 🍀