Hi all just bought my first scooby

HLFBJOE

My Subaru impreza wagon sport was running on 3 ht leads as one was broken I replaced them and now when I take my foot off the accelerator the engine totally cuts out can anyone help me I have had it 8 weeks and sat my !Removed! in it 4 times and really starting to destroy my happiness pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaase help lol post-1526-0-82239000-1380882220_thumb.jp

Hi mate welcome to S.O.C

I would check you have them in the right order 1st did you remove or change the spark plugs ? 

But other thing's I would look at is fuel pump check that is working 

And you could check for codes by doing this check 

http://uk.subaruownersclub.com/forums/topic/2366-manually-reading-ecu-codes-classic-impreza%E2%80%99s-only/

Bit of a tough one but if we can help we will try get the happiness back for you :D 

Thanks guys I took the leads off one by one and replaced them the same way as they came off but haven't changed the plugs yet I will do that today and let u guys know how it goes thanks again

Thanks for the feedback guys my mate told me to try the maf sensor and unplug it to c if it changed and it did it's purring like she should now well as good as it should without the manifold gasket being put in lol is it ok to run it for a week before I can get a new maf sensor ?

By taking it off it wont run as well it put's the car into limp mode the idea is to just get you to a garage for it to get fixed. I would say it will over fuel and under fuel, so I wouldn't really run it like that if you can help it.

Welcome aboard pal, I was going to ask if it was a single coil pack on top of the engine or separate coils on each plug, failing that check the map, but, now you know what it is, I had the same issue when I got mine, found one on eBay, used but had a piper cross filter with it, £40 delivered, as long as the labels are the same colour it'll be fine, or should be, but as said I wouldn't drive too much with it unplugged