Forester no service book

When i purchased my 2015 Forester i was told that Subaru did not issue a service record book as all records were held electronically. Now time has come to sell on the car i'm beginning to doubt that. 

I do have a print out of the service history - will this satisfy any potential buyer do you think. 

15 hours ago, chrisletts said:

When i purchased my 2015 Forester i was told that Subaru did not issue a service record book as all records were held electronically. Now time has come to sell on the car i'm beginning to doubt that. 

I do have a print out of the service history - will this satisfy any potential buyer do you think. 

My last car, a Skoda, also had no service booklet as Skoda started to do all there's electronically as digital records.  But what if, like me, you used an independent Skoda garage?  No problem.  Just keep your service print out invoices and, IMPORTANTLY, staple the payment/debit card receipts to the copy so as to verify payment and authenticity. When I had a warranty issue with the Skoda, I simply photocopied the service invoice sheets, with receipts of payment attached, and gave them to the Skoda dealership as proof I'd kept my end of the service/warranty bargain.  I used copies, not the originals,  as I didn't trust the main dealership not to lose them! 

I eventually, this year, traded in the Skoda for my current Outback and the service records (sheets and receipts) were all seen as authentic proof - no problems.

My current Outback does have a booklet.  But remember, booklets and service stamps can be mocked up easily.  I'm still going to keep the service sheets and receipts as they're much more difficult to fake.

Re your question.  Do your records have the names, addresses and contact details of the VAT registered garages you took the car to?  Mileage authentication for each service?  Details of what the service entailed? Ideally, do you have proof of payment also, which match the invoices from the garages?  For an older car (say 2015) that looks in good really nick, it probably isn't a deal breaker if you haven't, but it will most likely reduce the trade in valve.