Subaru XV wheel bearings.

Hi there, 

OK so I needed new front wheel bearings and ordered aftermarket ones online and after fitting through up a load of fault codes for the abs etc. 

On removing them and measuring them they are only 11mm deep into the hub where the original ones are just over 14mm. I've phoned Subaru for genuine ones and they are £306 each. 😯

I beleive Impreza, Forester and Legacy all use the same bearings. Has anyone else had this issue and where did you get the correct bearings from? 

Thanks. 

Norrie. 

• 1 year later...

Hello

i think I may have a front wheel bearing problem too.

I hear a regular “thrumming” from the front of my XV, there is no heat from the wheels. Which I have noticed on previous cars I’ve owned, I’ve done the usual checks, wobbling the wheels etc but there is no noticeable excess movement.

did the bearing you got from eBay actually work?

a lot of people say only buy OEM parts, maybe there’s something in that.

cheers

Keith

More a case of buy only quality made bearings from proper manufacturers (OEM ODM manufacturers preferably)
The after market parts is full of complete garbage so you got be a bit smart or you bolting on more problems than removing .
contact ICP (Import Car Parts), they on eBay and have own website and are well established .
SKF or Blueprint  are fine but avoid the cheaper euro/german stuff as lot of it chinese made garbage ...
Japan mainland made bearings are very high quality .