Why are impreza turbos

Bouncer

the perceived demographic who own and quite often crash the cars - you get a lot of performance for very little money this puts them in the price range of potentially less experienced drivers who can find themselves losing control and pranging the vehicles

Jay, the same could be said for the one's i mentioned especially the MR2, but I suppose the Impreza (as stated in another thread) is and kind of always will be a thug/ned type car. After all, a pizza faced late teens early 20s won't run about in T5 or Aero

:) I think any turbo Subaru is like that if you floor it anyway without a leak ;) 

I would say another reason is the insurance know's most people will tune the car to pull even more power out of it. I guess it's like having a computer with the chip running less then it can most people will always try get more from it. 

My impreza turbo is the same price to insure as my mk2 golf gti was, the golf had all mods declared, v6 engine with 210bhp full stainless custom exhaust, coilovers, extremely rare polished dish alloys with a 4" lip, full sound system with over £1200 worth of stuff and corado interior, subie has engine and exhaust mods, brake mods, body mods and sound system, both just over £300 fully comp