My first subaru :D

THE-TICKMAN

After a long hard search I have finally purchased my first subaru, will be collecting Friday! Now it's time to clear the garage for my new baby. Before I collect it will be having an MOT at no extra cost for any work required if any, now the garage have told me they will be doing an oil change but obviously I want filters doing etc. can I do this myself and where is cheapest to buy? I have a 52 plate wrx sti prodrive. Ryan

Oil and filter changes are very easy mate. I'm sure I could do it with out even getting ramps and doing it at the road side it's that easy :) As for Cheap oil try Opie Oils we get club discount with some stuff. And just looking into other place's now to see if we can get other's to join  as we speak :) 

Thanks for that bud it's just touched 79k so are we talking oil, fuel and air? Or anything else? Also looking for a service schedule of some sort, is there anything like that on here pal? I've had a quick look on the net but just want confirmation really

Same what I have it's not cheap and yes a remap would be advised to bypass the sensors. But there is way's around that too so you could do it in stages. But you will have to remember the MOT side of thing's. But if you have a good guy who does your's it's not a problem :D 

nice looking motor, welcome to the paddock, the antifreeze that's recommended is i believe G30, brand wise i don't think it matters it's just the ingredients and the amount of them that's important for the alloy, this is what i was told a few years back regarding another car, alwys go off what the dealer says and i was told that the dealer says G30

• Like 1